The Lindale ISD Education Foundation:
- is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit tax exempt-philanthropic organization of citizens
- shares a vision of enhancing education in Lindale ISD
- works to increase private support for educational activities in Lindale ISD
- benefits Lindale ISD students and staff personnel by supporting activities not funded by tax dollars
- fosters creative approaches to education through private grants and involvement
- awards Foundation funds through a volunteer Board of Directors made up of business, community and educational leaders
The Lindale Independent School District has developed a quality educational program that provides students with enrichment, acceleration and attention to special needs. Sustaining excellent educational programs and services requires technology, laboratories, cultural experiences, up-to-date occupational and technical equipment, resource materials and, primarily, outstanding teachers. Meeting the current and future educational needs of all students so that they may be productive citizens of tomorrow does require a substantial investment.
- Teacher salaries need to be high enough to attract the best candidates to the field, as well as attract the best professionals to a district that values quality.
- Functional, well-maintained facilities are needed to house resources and programs that serve students.
- Equipment and technology must be purchased, adapted and maintained for students to develop skills and knowledge for the 21st Century.
- Staff development must be provided to enable teachers to remain informed, to improve their own skills, and become more effective.
In the state’s economy, most school districts no longer have discretionary funds for services and activities that exceed minimum needs and requirements. The situation calls for finding new resources to assist in building and increasing excellence.
For that reason, the Lindale ISD Education Foundation was created.